Pastoral Care Team - Coronavirus Support
Looking after our health and emotional wellbeing:
During these confusing times it is really important for us to prioritise the emotional health of our children and ourselves. We have put together some information and contacts that can support you whilst we are away from school.
- Head Teacher = Mrs Turner
- Deputy Head = Mrs Mawdsley
- Asst Head / SENDCO = Mrs Webb
- Family Support Worker = Mrs Golding
- Pastoral Support Worker = Mrs Boon
Some useful tips for staying at home:
- Keep windows and curtains open, don’t underestimate the power of sun and fresh air.
- Keep to a routine as much as you possibly can, children (and adults) cope much better when they know what to expect.
- Don’t aim to complete schoolwork in long blocks without a break.
- Take this time to learn a new skill, encourage children to do some gardening or household chores. Art and music is vital in keeping a positive outlook.
- With the amount of media available on our phones we have a fantastic opportunity to keep in contact in lots of ways. However it can also be a bit overwhelming if we are seeing constant updates and reminders.
- Reach out to your neighbours and local community if you need or can offer help.
- Allow individual space and time, sometimes we all just need to switch off and recharge.
Free School Meals at TPS – JJ’s TPS
If your child would normally receive a free school meal (including Universal Free School Meals for all children in Reception, Yr1 and Yr2), we will be able to provide a packed lunch/hot takeaway meal for them during the school closure that can be collected from the kitchen. Please let us know as soon as possible, by emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like to use this service.
Could you please let us know if there are any special dietary requirements that we need to be aware of.
Packed lunches/hot meals will be available to collect between 12pm and 12.30pm each day from the kitchen. If possible, please can you bring your own containers as we only have a limited amount available.
In view of the Prime Minister's latest instructions, Food Banks are now changing the way they operate. They are asking that you do not come to the Foodbank. Please contact either Claire Golding or Zoey Boon via email if you are in need of support, so we can refer you to the Food Bank. At present, they will deliver food parcels to the client's house, leaving the parcels on the doorstep in order to maintain social distancing.
Food Banks hope to be able to continue this way, but it depends on the volunteers remaining healthy and that they are also receiving sufficient donations to match demand.
New emergency measures with the energy industry have been agreed by the government to protect the domestic energy supply of those most in need during the disruption caused by COVID-19.
Customers with pre-payment meters who may not be able to add credit can speak to their supplier about options to keep them supplied. This will benefit over 4 million customers.
This could include nominating a third party for credit top ups, having a discretionary fund added to their credit, or being sent a pre-loaded top up card so that their supply is not interrupted.
More broadly, any energy customer in financial distress will also be supported by their supplier, which could include debt repayments and bill payments being reassessed, reduced or paused where necessary, while disconnection of credit meters will be completely suspended.
GENERAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT
Citizens Advice Bureau:
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
If people need urgent or crisis support with their mental health, they should call the Samaritans on 116 123, NHS 111 or Northamptonshire Mental Health Resource Hub on 0300 330 1011, all services are 24/7, 365 days a year.
MIND Crisis café is part of an essential NHS service and as such is remaining open to support those in need of mental health support. As the situation is changing so rapidly, please contact your local MIND to check.
Helpline: 0808 802 5544
Action for Happiness
Children’s 0-19 service
Chat Youth Counselling
Helpline 0808 8002222
Community Law Service
East Northants Office 01933 313020, Northampton Office 01604 621038
Northamptonshire Domestic Abuse Service
0300 0120154 or email email@example.com