History of our School
Thrapston Primary first opened for pupils in October, 1909, on Huntingdon Road in Thrapston, and was situated there for 80 years. As the population of the town increased and the demand for school places grew, the current, larger school was built on Market Road and opened in November 1989, for the 200 pupils and staff to transfer into.
By this time, the population of Thrapston had doubled since 1900, to just over 3000. The numbers on role have continued to increase to 450 by 2015, and the population of the town has once again doubled since 1989. In the last 20 years, there have been a number of extensions and additions to the school building, to accommodate the increasing numbers, such as four extra classrooms, the drama hall, the Reception and Nursery buildings.