Family Support Worker
Hello there, my name is Claire Golding and I am the Family Support Worker at Thrapston Primary School.
My working hours are:
Tuesday 8.30 - 4.00 Wednesday 8.30 - 4.00 Thursday 8.30 - 3.00
Since November 2016, I have been based in The Community Room. This is a room for parents, pupils and families to use. It is also used by Community groups such as the Thrapston Childminders and Baby Massage group. Coffee mornings for parents and carers are also held here, as well as parent courses and workshops. I support families in a variety of ways. I listen and appreciate parenting issues and offer suggestions and advice for individuals and families. I can signpost and refer families to other services available within the Thrapston/East Northants area. Some of the issues I can support with are:
* Emotional support
* Family issues: Bereavement, new baby in the family, parent separation / divorce
* Key transitions, including moving between schools/classes
* Development of pupil self-esteem and confidence
* Friendship issues / bullying, including social networking/online safety
* Anger/Anxiety/Resilience in children
* Early Help Assessments to support families during difficult times
I also work closely with Sharon Webb (our SENCO), school support staff as well as Family Support colleagues, to support the social/emotional needs and wellbeing of children in small groups or individually if appropriate.
If you have any concerns and would like someone to talk to, please contact me via email or telephone. I am happy to listen and provide support over a cup of tea.
Claire Golding - Family Support Worker
Tel: 01832 732512
Mobile: 07871 066936