Y4 Home learning overview 23.3.20
Here is a basic overview of some of the learning we will be asking your children to do - please keep an eye out for additional work to be added.
Year 4 Home learning plan
- The children are expected to read at least 5 times a week.
- The website below has a free online book for children in years 4,5 and 6 (https://literacytrust.org.uk/resources/free-short-story-tom-palmer-years-4-5-and-6-character-strikes-back/)
- Maths (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/z826n39) The website is full
- of games, worksheets, videos and reading for the children. We would suggest that the children review what has been covered thus far in year 4 (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, area, perimeter, fractions and decimals)
- English (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zv48q6f) We would encourage children to look at any and all of the areas available.
- Classroom secrets has also released a work booklet to help with maths and English, which is available at (https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/?fbclid=IwAR3DxOJErnfEWQ5jdUzEvsJPPkytP6yH5-L34ECeIYPpO_0S1GYz4C-cp54)
The files will also be uploaded alongside this guide.
- We have been learning about the Anglo – Saxons this half term. We haven’t yet covered Alfred the Great and we would like the children to research about him and write a report/create a poster/ or share their learning in another form.
- Whilst the children are off school, they can attempt to keep a diary about what they have been doing. They can document their home learning, what they did with their families, or write about an interesting book they have read. It doesn’t have to be every day, but they can focus on the more interesting and memorable activities.
- The children can practise and work on a variety of spellings with this website (https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar) In particular we would recommend Look, Cover, Write, Check http://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/lcwc/index.html