Nursery Home Learning Update 16th June 2020
We hope you are okay and keeping well.
Here are a few ideas of learning activities you can do at home this week.
1. Create a picture for someone special using Cbeebies Make and Colour Website – This could be a picture for your child to give to their Dad on Father’s day, or anyone special to them, who they would like to say thank you to. Encourage your child to explore the different tools and to create a masterpiece! https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/makes/special-day-picture-maker
2. Listen to the story of the Rainbow Fish – by Marcus Pfister. This is one of our favourite stories to read to the nursery children! We like to talk about the moral of the story after reading - how the rainbow fish had lots more fun and people to play with once he was willing to share.
- You can find an animated version here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9mryuEKkKc
- You can find the story read by the Author here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jQTjTe42-0
3. Make and design your own rainbow fish using salt dough – There lots of recipes for salt dough online, some which you can finish in the microwave, some in the oven and there are even some air-dry recipes. Here are a couple that we found:
You could use a fish shaped cutter if you have one, if not you could encourage your child to make an oval shape and then add a triangle shaped tail and fin. Decorate your fish with sequins, paint, jewels whatever you have available to use at home. Here are some photos for inspiration…
Take care and stay safe!
The Nursery Team
(Cover image from NorthSouth books).